In this blog post, I am sharing various protein sources that are ~30 grams of protein from chicken to plant-based options. The macros (short for macronutrients) that are listed are for the cooked versions of the protein sources.
Pick four items from the list, and BOOM 🤯 💥, that’s 120 grams right there. If you need more, you have plenty of options to choose from. 💃🏾🙌🏾😋
Protein is SO important. Don’t skimp on it, STRONG friend. If you are serious about getting STRONG, building muscle, and maintaining what you have, then you ensure you are eating enough.
If you lift the things and are active women – which I know you are… you will want to consume approx 0.8-1.0 grams of protein per 1b of bodyweight.
- Chicken Breast: 115 grams
- Chicken Thighs: 117 grams
- Hand Pulled Rotisserie Chicken Breast: 122 grams
- Lean Ground Turkey: 107 grams
- Turkey Cutlets: 120 grams
- Pork Tenderloin: 105 grams
- Pork Loing Roast: 110 grams
- Flank Steak: 112 grams
- Lean Ground Beef: 115 grams
- Top Sirloin: 100 grams
- Ground Bison: 120 grams
- Top Round: 130 grams
- 5 Whole Eggs
- Egg Whites: 276 grams
- Salmon: 125 grams
- Canned Tuna: 170 grams
- Shrimp: 120 grams
- Tuna Steak: 125 grams
- Cod: 133 grams
- Cottage Cheese: 288 grams
- Greek Yogurt: 300 grams
- Lentils: 333 grams
- Edamame: 280 grams
- Seitan: 116 grams
- Tofu: 290 grams
- Tempeh: 165 g
Miscellaneous Protein Sources:
- Protein Powder: 1-2 scoops, dependent on the brand.
- Protein Bars
- Deli Meat- Boars Head Blazing Buffalo Style Oven Roasted Chicken Breats – 155 grams
- Or any Deli Meat of your choosing. Just be sure to eat more than the labeled serving size.
- Lamb: 150 grams
While I have you here.. here are 6 Benefits of Consuming Enough Protein:
- Helps Build and Maintain Muscle Mass
- Keeps You Full & Balanced Between Meals
- Is Muscle Sparing During a Calorie Deficit
- Has The Highest Thermic Effect of Food
- Good for Your Bones, Hormones, Skin, Hair, & Nails
- Reduces Cravings & Decreases your appetite.
Want to get STRONG & build muscle? How about taking the guesswork out of your workouts? You do the lifting; I do the programming. No more spinning your wheels, no more piecemealing your workouts together. If so, check out my STRONGER Way Training Membership!
Want a super simple way to manage your intake without counting calories? I got you! Grab my Nutrition Blueprint!