Veggies can be difficult to get in! Am I right, or am I right?
It really can be simple to increase your veggie intake, and you can reach your goals/improve your nutrition by doing SIMPLE things that will stick forever.
Remember, when it’s SIMPLE, it will be MAINTAINABLE.
So, first, I want you to think about your plate – past meals – was there a protein source on it and produce (veggies/fruit) on it?!
When in doubt, make sure protein and produce are on your plate at most of your meals – build your plate around it! It should be the foundation! Think of the hashtag/slogan #GoPRO
If you’ve been having a bit of a challenge getting your veggie intake up, here are 6 ways you can sneak veggies into your meals, including breakfast.
It’s a super convenient way to get more of them into your diet.
I know this tip might fall into the category “I know this, but I don’t do it very often.”
Consider this your reminder that it’s time to START, and if you know, then why aren’t you doing it?!
The importance of veggies in your diet:
For one, fiber from veggies helps you feel fuller longer. Basically, vegetables will fill you right up!
Veggies are lower in calories but higher in volume, so you can eat a ton of them which will help with weight management and prevent overeating.
Vegetables have many vitamins and nutrients that are important for bodily function and overall health.
Eating enough vegetables helps with digestive health and helps prevent constipation, and supports a healthy gut!
8 Easy Ways to Add Veggies to Your Breakfast:
1. Stir spinach, onions, bell peppers, or any other green into your eggs - or blend them into a smoothie.
2. Shred zucchini or carrots into overnight oats to stir them into your oats while they are cooking, chia pudding, or into banana nut bread.
3. Make a big batch of veggie hash - basically saute a bunch of veggies together ahead of time, and when it's time to eat, heat it up and add a poached egg or browned tofu on top.
4. Add riced cauliflower, beets, spinach, etc., to a smoothie.
5. Top your avocado toast with some salsa - salsa counts, tomatoes, or pico de gallo!
6. Make a grain bowl with leftover quinoa or any grain, potato, or rice, and stir in some spinach and goat cheese, or a cheese of your choice while you heat it up. This will keep you feeling full for hours! This is my go-to breakfast/lunch meal as of late! So good and filling!
7. Add spaghetti squash to your pasta meals.
8. Spiralize your veggies! Zucchini, squashes, sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, red cabbage, or beets can be a sub for pasta or an addition to your pasta!
You don’t have to overhaul your entire lifestyle to feel healthier and more energized fast.
It really IS about making SMALL changes over time that you can actually live with and that you can stick to!
I am all about creating REAL, sustainable, and sane additions & changes to your health and wellness.
Need help? I got you! Book a STRONGER You Discovery Call if you are interested in working together! I’d love to help you reach your goals and create a plan that will work for you!