I jumped on the 10 Year Challenge…
Here’s a different transformation of sorts, a Reverse Transformation. You’re probably looking at the photo on the left, saying you look so good! No ma’am, nope. Now I’m in a great place on the right, both physically and mentally.
27 years young: Dieting Mentality!
– Scale weight: Lighter, probably around 150 – 160 ish lbs! Lived and died by the scale number – wanted to be smaller by any means necessary!
– Dieting Mindset – very rigid with my food – disordered eating.
– Eating clean during the week – eating like a bird, hoarded food all week – you know the off-limits stuff, so that I could binge on the weekends, to include cheat meals.
– Not eating enough food! Hungry AF all.the.time!
– 2 Hour training sessions.
– 2 a-days – Team No Days off – Team No Pain, No Gain workouts!
– Wouldn’t miss a session everrrrr – Sacrificed life so that I could go to the gym.
– Punishing workouts for what I ate.
– Trained on an empty stomach – I don’t recommend it.
– Took every supplement under the sun.
– Stringy AF – muscle depleted, looking like a string bean, lol!
– I could not maintain this body without suffering and white knuckling, and I still thought I had fat to lose.
Thank God, I never lost my menstrual cycle, my hair, but my mindset was in the dumps. Body Dysmorphia anyone?! I’m so glad that I am not doing that to my body anymore!!
Moving on to now…
37 years young- Flexible Mentality!
– Scale weight: Heavier – 180-ish lbs – 15 to 20 lb difference from 10 years ago! Bigggggger & STRONGER! Taking up all the space!
– Flexible Mindset
– Eat ALL foods – no banned food lists – No good or bad food list!
– Eat what I want – when I want it, and that doesn’t mean I eat everything! I eat the amount of food that is right for me.
– No Cheat meals.
– Eating like a boss – close to 3000 calories a day!
– STRONG AF!
– When I feel like it, and I want to drop some fat, it’s in a slow, sustainable manner.
– I train to get STRONG and build muscle, not to burn calories.
– I prioritize Strength Training – it’s a combo of BB Style, Functional, Powerlifting, and Weightlifting!
– I train 3-5 times a week. Most of the time just 4 days. I know the power of taking rest days!
– Minimal Cardio – it’s the side dish and it’s things I like, like sprints, jump rope, metabolic conditioning, finishers.
– I walk just about every day and I prioritize sleep too.
– I do the best that I can with what I have.
I feel so much better than I did back then in my body – inside and out.
The left photo was not sustainable, and it certainly wasn’t healthy!
Ladies, you do not, I repeat, do not have to diet extremely to get where you want to be. You get no brownie points for white-knuckling your way through, suffering, eliminating whole food groups, nor do you have to exercise like a maniac. Just NO!
Strong Friend, thank you for reading! Any questions at all about your nutrition, let’s chat, book a FREE No Obligation to you STRONGER You Strategy Call and we will talk about 1 thing that you be struggling with pertaining to your fitness or nutrition, and come with a strategy that will work for YOU! Book your call here!
In the meantime, grab my FREE Fat Loss Plate Blueprint by clicking on the photo below and then enter your first name and email to get it!