Need some Total Body Minimal Equipment workouts during this trying time?! I got you, STRONG friend!
Or if you…
Don’t know where or how to get started with strength training, I’ve got you covered. Start right where you are, with your body weight for resistance. Master the basic movements such as squats, pull-ups, inverted rows, hinging push-ups, to name just a few.
I’ve got five simple workouts; however simple doesn’t mean easy. They will be effective and efficient too.
Listed below are 5 workouts. You will complete them in a circuit fashion (complete all the exercises back to back, then rest at the end). If you are a complete newbie to strength training, start with 2 rounds of the circuit and then move your way up 3, 4, and 5 rounds.
You’ll know when it’s getting easier. You will feel stronger, the exercises will become easier to do, and you may move faster and take less rest throughout the circuit.
Reps: The number of times you execute the movement.
Sets: The number of times you do the movements: i.e., Bodyweight Squats – 3 x 10. You would do the BW squats 3 times for 10 reps each.
Circuits- A string of exercises done back to back without rest.
Superset- 2 exercises completed back to back.
Tri-set 3 exercises back to back.
AMRAP – As many reps as pretty, no sloppy reps!
- Bodyweight Squats x 10-20 reps
- Push-ups x 6-8
- Inverted Rows x 6-8
- Reverse Lunges x 5 reps per side
- Mountain Climbers x 10-20 reps
- 3 Second Pause Body Weight Squats x 10 reps
- 3 Second Pause Push-ups x AMRAP with good form
- Reverse Lunges with a pause x 6-8 reps per side
- Bodyweight Glute Bridges x 20 reps
- RKC Plank x 10-30 sec
- Band Bodyweight Squats (Band around knees) x 10 reps
- Dead Stop Push-ups x AMRAP with good form
- Bodyweight Walking Lunges x 20 reps
- Bodyweight Hip Thrusts x 10-20 reps
- Dead bug x 5-10 reps per side
- 1.5 Squats x 10 reps
- Band Pull-ups x 6-8 reps
- Lateral Lunges 6-8 reps per side
- Hand Release Push-ups x AMRAP
- Single Leg Glute Bridges x 6-10 per side
- Side Plank x 30sec – 1 min per side
- Narrow to Wide Squat x 6 reps ea style – 12 total
- Eccentric Inverted Rows x 8-10 reps
- Swing Lunges (Fwd/Back) x 10-20 reps total
- Tricep Push-ups x AMRAP
- Single leg elevated Glute bridges x 6-10 per side
- Bird-dog x 5-10 reps per side
There you have it, 5 bodyweight exercises that you can pretty much do anywhere. The gym, at home, in a hotel room, or at the park.
The only equipment needed, possibly a band for the band-assisted pull-ups if you can’t do an unassisted pull-up and mini band or hip circle. Otherwise, most movements are done with your body weight!
You can take any one of the 5 workouts and train with them 3 times a week on non-consecutive days. Do them for 4 weeks, and I betcha by the end the 4 weeks you will see some progress.
The next steps would be to add resistance, dumbbells, or barbells to the workouts.
You don’t need 101 exercises or muscle confusion to have an effective training program. Just the basics, the basics will help you build muscle, get toned and retain your muscle.
Give these workouts a try and let me know how it goes!
Need some more workouts to add to your library! I’ve got you covered grab 10 FREE Strength Circuits. These can be done anywhere as well.