Let’s start this un – diet process! You ready?! It will take work, but I know you can do this because many women like yourself have! I know deep down inside, you’ve had it. You are tired of the ups and the downs, tired of not being able to lose the pounds, tired of feeling lethargic and just down right exhausted.
I know deep down inside, you’ve had it. You are tired of the ups and the downs, tired of not being able to lose the pounds, tired of feeling lethargic and just down right exhausted.
The only way to stop feeling like this is to UN – DIET. Well, how? With anyone of the ways, I have listed below. You have to give yourself the permission to let go of all the food rules and hang-ups. You will have to trust the process and get your mind wrapped around the fact that quick fixes and 21 – day fixes just don’t provide maintainable results.
You will have to trust yourself. You can do this!
- Stop dieting – no detoxes, no 21-day fixes, no cleanses, basically no voodoo quackery. Diets work until they don’t work. With diets, you are chasing a scale number. You have to push harder and harder to lose. You end up losing precious muscle, feel miserable, have no energy, and just really hate life!
- Don’t ban any food groups – Don’t be afraid of fats and carbs! Yes, you probably could use fewer carbs and less sugar – specifically junk food. Cut back, but don’t cut out. Comprende?!
Don’t ban carbs, fruit, dairy, or sugar. Gasp! A fitness professional tells me it’s okay to eat a cookie, some ice cream, or fro –yo? Will it keep you from binging or going HAM at 12 o’clock at night? By all means, please have SOME of those fun treats. Build them into your nutritional plan throughout the week. When you incorporate the so-called “bad” treats, this will take the edge off vs. banning treats. The moment you place something off limits, you just want it more. And you know the rest of the story!
You don’t have to wait until the end of the week to have what you want to eat. You can actually have anything you want within reason. #Moderation > #Deprivation
Food is not a reward (you don’t get treats for being good or avoiding said food all week), and neither should exercise be used as punishment. This ideology creates a whole host of issues and a bad relationship with food – disordered eating.
- Don’t do endless amounts of cardio!
Nutrition/Calorie deficit is the number one driving force for fat loss, not cardio. Doing endless cardio is like trying to run through quicksand or swim against the current.
You’ll burn out before you see what you really want to see with your physique!
- Eat plenty of protein – protein with every meal!
Protein is your building blocks literally. Want to feel fuller longer? And not crash and burn in an hour. Eat your protein with starchy meals – this will keep your blood sugar stabilized, then you won’t get the crazy spike insulin, which can help to store fat. Eating protein will build and maintain your muscle that is so hard for us ladies to come by.
- Don’t under eat – stop starving yourself to lose weight. You have to eat to lose!
You will only lose water weight and mostly muscle mass. Very little fat will be lost. When all is said and done, the weight lost on a deprivation diet won’t be fat; you’ll actually have more fat.
It’s the body’s way of saving itself from starvation.
- Aim for 3-4 strength training sessions a week. Want to tone up? Then lifting the things is your friend. Want to look good in that dress and have if fit all the right places? Want to be able to move your own furniture, or pick that new TV up you bought? You know the answer! #LiftTheThings
- When’s the last time you ate a vegetable other than corn? When’s the last time you ate more than one serving of vegetables? Can’t remember?
Get to eating your veggies. I don’t freaking care if you have to sprinkle a bit of cheese or some butter to get them down. Do it. It’s not about perfection; it’s about making small changes or implementing healthier choices that will help you head in the right direction.
- If you’re not hungry, don’t just eat, because someone told you to eat every 2 -3 hours to stoke the metabolism. That’s a damn myth. Check this science based article out on meal frequency!
Eat when you are hungry and eat the number of meals that work for you!
It’s okay, to feel hunger. You will not die and shrivel up if you don’t eat at 8 am, 10 am, 12 pm, and so forth.
- Don’t focus on the calories, pay more attention to the macros.
Your macro’s, short for macronutrients, are your Protein, Carbs, and Fats.
Want to feel in balance, satisfied, and full of energy? Keep your Macros in check. Counting just the calories is more about quantity rather than quality! If you are gonna count – make sure you are eating the right macros not just eating “calories.” Both matter but, what I find is that women are not eating the right things and their hunger, energy, and cravings are all over the place.
Also, know that you don’t have to track or count anything forever. Making sure your hitting your macro numbers helps create a better awareness of what you’re eating!
– Protein at every meal.
– Fill your plate with 1/2 veggies – eat them as often as you can and eat unlimited amounts.
– Carbs – Carbs are individual. Some of us need more than others and someone us could use less. You won’t know unless you troubleshoot what works for YOU! Everyday experiment with how much or how less.
Your Hunger, Energy, and Cravings will signal how to eat daily!
– Fats, same as above. WE need fats for our hormones, for our brains, and fats are just good and very satisfying. We just have to watch the amounts. Fats have more calories per gram than the other 2 macros. Fats are very calorie dense but so good for you, so don’t go blankly cutting them out.
Don’t ban fats. Fats don’t make you fat! Excess calories as whole causes fat gain.
- Stop labeling food good or bad, clean or dirty– All foods has its place. Food is food, and it holds no moral value!
You will have to give yourself unconditional permission to just eat with no labels.
10 ways to Un – diet! If you are looking for lasting maintainable results, then this is the list to get you where you really want to be. I know you are tired of losing and gaining the same weight over and over again.
I also know you are sick of the restriction – binge- deprive cycle. I sure was – I can remember hoarding candy and having last suppers as if I would never get to eat said food again – oh the grief.
There is a better way. It starts with YOU making better choices and hanging up the diet coat. You have to trust the process because the diets just don’t work. You know deep down inside that they don’t. You also have to get in for the long haul; this is not an overnight phenomenon. This a life journey!
If you like this blog and want more, be sure to sign up to join my inner circle. For signing up today, you can also grab my FREE Fat Loss Blueprint: How to Build your Plate for SUSTAINABLE Fat Loss!