With all the noise surrounding fitness and nutrition, it can be hard to just get started. Don’t eat this, don’t eat that, workout 6x a week, do cardio 2x a day, no bread, no fruit, etc…. The list of dos and don’ts are a never-ending list of unsustainable ways to live one’s life. All the craziness will make you cray cray!
As you can see this is a long list as well, however, the things listed below are sustainable habits or things that you can apply to your life this very moment without feeling overwhelmed.
You can take one or two of them, implement them and build upon that over time. None of the things on the list is extreme nor unsustainable.
One word of advice, tackle your health with Simple, Sane, and Sustainable measures.
Fitness and nutrition should enhance your life not hinder it.
Contrary to popular belief you do not have to suffer to lose weight or get healthier. Not even for a short period of time.
Lastly, love how you move and love how you eat!
- Move more often. If you are sitting right now as you are reading this, get up and walk. Alternate between sitting and standing during your workday!
- Drink more water – I don’t care how much. Just drink. Cut back on soda and sweet tea.
- Cook a meal at home this week.
- Been thinking about taking a class at your local gym? Go do it today!
- Protein at every meal. Don’t worry about how much, just eat it. If you eat 3 meals a day then eat protein at those 3 meals, so on and so forth.
- We could all use a bit more veggies in our life. Just aim for more, more than the day before! Fill half your plate with veggies!
- Eat some healthy fats. Fats are good for your brain and your hormones. Fat doesn’t make you fat. Excess calories make you fat.
- Catch some sun rays. The sun will definitely help with your mood and your mindset! Hello, vitamin D!
- Turn the TV off a little earlier tonight to help with your sleep quality. Invest in a pair of Blue Light Blocking Glasses!
- Eat less added sugar.
- Stop dieting all year around. Nuff said.
- Find a way that you love to move your body. If you enjoy what you do, you’re more likely to do it and not hate it.
- Spend 30 minutes outside.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Stop hunting for the closest parking spot.
- Moderation is your friend. Don’t be so damn restrictive with your food. Stop having cheat meals (no need to cheat on your diet – it should be enjoyable and not miserable) and include all foods in your diet. Don’t wait for the weekend to have a fun meal!
- Take a leisure walk a few times a week. Aim to get above 5,000 steps in a day!
- Play with your kids – heck, walk with them while they play Pokémon
- Lift weights to build strength and build your bones.
- Try yoga for relaxation and to work on flexibility.
- Take a couple of deep breaths and smile several times throughout the day – a few deep breaths can make a big difference in your mood!
Just to name a few!
Have you signed up for my newsletters yet, what are you waiting for? It’s where I share my best stuff on things surrounding fitness, nutrition, mindset, and some personal stories. You can join here, and grab my FREE Nutrition Blueprint, I would love for you to join!